Terms and Conditions
Acceptable Use Policy
The Internet is a powerful information and entertainment tool, we would expect our customers to use the Internet with respect, courtesy, and responsibility, giving due regard to the rights of other Internet users.
Our acceptable use policy ("AUP") is actively and strictly enforced. Offending content or users are removed from our network, usually as soon as they are discovered, although we will always inform you when and why any action has been taken.
Common sense is the best guide as to what is considered acceptable use, however the following are unacceptable uses.
In any form, including but not limited to the unauthorised distribution or copying of copyrighted software or other data, harassment, fraud, or trafficking in obscene material.
Certain types of content are not permitted on our server. We do not host pornographic content, but may host websites containing adult content at our discretion. Content relating to Hacking, Cracking, Warez and IRC is not allowed. Software downloads may only be hosted if you are the writer and copyright owner of the software, all other software including freeware, shareware and trial software is forbidden. Audio and video downloads may only be hosted if you are the creator and copyright owner of the work.
The use of our network to send bulk email unless it offers a genuine opt-out or unsubscribe option is strictly forbidden.
Misuse Of Resources
Including but not limited to employing applications which consume excessive CPU time, memory or storage space. Chat/IRC, web proxy and mailing list scripts are not allowed on our network under any circumstances. Streaming media can be a drain on web server resources and as such must be approved by us in advance. CGI based message forums which use flat file databases are often found to use excessive system resources, to avoid disappointment please use a PHP/ASP message forum. The use of web cam applications which maintain a constant FTP connection uploading an image at regular intervals is forbidden.
If you are unsure about content you intend to place on our network, please check with us before you do. We reserve the right to determine what constitutes acceptable use.
Payment For Services
- Payment for the registration of domain names and for website hosting is required at the time of registration, or at the time the hosting is taken out.
- Invoices for the development of, and updates to, your websites will be e-mailed to you on the day the invoice is raised. Our payment terms are 7 days from the date of invoice.
- Invoices for the renewal of Website Hosting and Domain Names are emailed 30 days in advance of the renewal date along with reminders at various intervals leading up to the renewal date. Should Website Hosting or Domain Names not be renewed by the given date, the account will be automatically suspended until such time as payment is received.
- Interest shall be charged on any outstanding balance after 30 days from date of invoice at the rate of 8% over base rate.
- Where an invoice remains outstanding for 60 days or more from the date of invoice, we reserve the right to suspend hosting of the entire website until such time as cleared payment is received and the outstanding balance is fully cleared. An administration fee may be charged to reinstate the website hosting.
- The customer will be liable for legal costs incurred by the company in recovering any outstanding debt owed by the customer to Keith Marsden Computing Ltd.
- Should expedited delivery be agreed and necessitate overtime or other additional cost, an extra charge will be made.
- Should work be suspended at the request or delayed through any default of the customer for a period of 30 days the company shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out and materials specially ordered.
- For continuing work, accounts may be submitted by the company at the end of each calendar month for work carried out during that month, or set stages agreed in advance with the company. Payment will be due 30 days from submission of accounts.
- Such contract may if the company so elect be considered as one contract and not severable and if the company fails to make payment on the due date for payment for that installment the company shall have the option to notify the customer that the company treats such failure to pay as repudiation of contract in its entirety without prejudice to any other claim or right the company may have for compensation or otherwise.
Refunds cannot be given for domain names which have been registered or website hosting which has been activated. Refunds for other services may occasionally be offered at the discretion of the management.
Renewal of Website Hosting and Domain Names
Domain names and website hosting must be renewed by the date due to ensure continuity of your services.
You will be advised by e-mail one month before your website names and/or hosting are due for renewal. The e-mail will be sent to info@yourdomain unless we are given an alternative e-mail address. You will also be reminded by e-mail at regular intervals up until the renewal date. If we do not hear from you by the renewal date, we may, at our discretion, telephone you to confirm that you do not wish to make the renewal.
Failure to renew your website name(s) may result in your website name(s) becoming freely available to other people - at which point it is virtually impossible to get them back.
Failure to renew your website or e-mail hosting may result in your website going 'offline' and your e-mail facility not working. A charge may be levied to reinstate your website and e-mail services. The amount of this charge is given on your renewal invoice.
Updates to these Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions may be updated, without notice, at any time. The version which is shown on this page will be deemed to be "the current version".