I want a website, where do I start?
With our fresh approach to websites, we like things to be as simple to understand as possible for you, our customer. There are just three steps to take to get your website:
Step 1 – get the website name you want
Decide on the name(s) for your website (the 'domain name')
- you can use our 'Register A Website Name' page to see if the name you would like is still available (e.g. mywebsite.co.uk).
- you can have more than one name going to a single website (e.g. mywebsite.co.uk and mywebsite.com and my-website.co.uk )
- you can register the name(s) online - all we need is your name, address, e-mail and phone number!
- to find out more about domain name registration, click here
- to check if your website name is available and to register it, click here
Step 2 – the space to put your website (along with personalised e-mail addresses)
You need space to put your website and to hold your e-mails (the 'website hosting')
- we provide full website hosting facilities - based on what is needed for your own website
- the website hosting comes complete with an easy-to-use control panel and full visitor statistics
- we will set it all up for you - including your main e-mail account - and provide you with the settings you need to access your control panel and send and receive e-mails. We are also happy to talk you through setting up Outlook, Windows [Live] Mail or Mac Mail to enable you send and receive e-mails on your computer - free of charge, of course.
Step 3 – setting up your website
We will chat with you about what you want from your website and advise you on the best way to have your website set up for your particular circumstances (we don't use templates - each of our customers' websites is developed individually).
We will then advise you what we need from you and give you a costing (as per our prices page) and timescale (usually 2-3 weeks from receipt of the information from you).
Once the design has been done, you will be shown a proof and we will work with you to fine tune it so that your website will be how you want it to be.
Your website will then be built on a development server so that you can see exactly how it will look. Again, once you are happy with it, we will put it live, register it with Google and maintain your website as required.
We offer two levels of design - you can either provide us with your logo and the images for your website, or you can take advantage of our full, professional, graphic design option and let us do the work for you!
Yes, in a nutshell, that's it!
Please have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information